But today what I want to talk about is how our natural senses cause us to see things in a way that is different from God sees.
You see, what we see as bad, God often sees as good. What we see as something to be avoided, God sees as something to be embraced. What we see as something to escape from, God sees as an opportunity to grow.
I am reminded of the Sermon on the Mount, commonly known as The Beatitudes. Here are the words of Jesus in Matthew 5:3-12:
"Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted."
"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."
"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied."
"Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy."
"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God."
"Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me."
Thoughts? Talk to me!
Well I've been dealing with issues this week, unfortunately I don't know what the issues are. I've been cranky and a little out of sorts and just don't know why. I've prayed about it and asked God to reveal what He wants me to do with all this crankiness. I recognize that I am doing it, but yet I don't seem to be able to move passed it. It just came to me (through the Holy Spirit perhaps) that I may be getting attacked by the enemy for helping Debbie. If that's the case then I say bring it on because I am doing something that I know is very good and part of God's plan and the enemy doesn't like it. Hah! But if it's not that then I'm just being cranky. Anyway, this comment is longer than I planned so good night all - see you Sunday.
ReplyDelete