It would seem that they had some "stinkin' thinkin" about their calling as God's chosen people.
- They wanted the "perks" of being God's chosen, but didn't want to obey Him.
- They lacked commitment.
- They doubted God, even after experiencing His hand in their lives over and over.
- They lost their focus time and time again, even after recommitting time and time again.
- They acted much more like the Egyptians that they left behind than they did the people God wanted them to be.
- They wanted to do things in the way that they saw as best.
- They didn't want God "messing" with the parts of their lives that had nothing to do with worship and sacrificial rituals.
- They wanted God to leave them be except, of course, when they were in a pickle and needed Him to rescue them.
When we think about faithfulness and love for God in terms of a marriage covenant, hopefully it opens our eyes to what the Lord requires of us. Not part time faithfulness. Not faithfulness for a season. Not hot and cold. Just like those things would not work very well in a marriage, so they do not work in our relationship with God. He wants all of us, all of our lives, complete obedience and faithfulness, and total devotion to Him. Nothing less will do.
How is your devotion to God? Does He have all of you? Does He own every area of your life? Do you run to God when you need something, but run amok when things are going smoothly?
Comments? Questions? Talk to me!
I would be lieing if I said different. Some times I dont give all I haave to God. I want to change!!!
ReplyDelete