Susan shared a concept with us yesterday from Isaiah 62:10. Simply said: "Remove the stones." She told us about the group she was ministering to who had tons of baggage; namely unforgiveness. She likened it to stones, and told them to "cast them into the river."
To me, this was very symbolic of the stuff in our lives that we haven't dealt with. Whether it's unforgiveness, resentment, bitterness, or anything else, if it's preventing us from growing in the Lord and/or our relationships with others, we need to remove it. Maybe we need to find a body of water someplace and "cast some stones" where we will not be able to retrieve them!
Your thoughts???
PJ
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Psalms 46
ReplyDelete4. There is a river whose streams bring joy to the city of God, the holy place where the Most High lives.
10. Let go (of your concerns)!
Then you will know that I am God.
I rule the nations.
I rule the earth.
Resolution 3 "I will not be wise in my own eyes." I find that as I go about my daily life it is easy just do what I have always done and that is to do it without asking The Lord if He wants me to do it or asking Him how I should do it. Isn't that being wise in my own eyes?
ReplyDeleteThe symbolism in throwing stones into a river is great; once tossed away away, they are practically impossible to retrieve . This is a perfect picture for how Christian forgiveness should work. Why, then, do I keep finding wet stones in my pockets?! Father God, do not let me believe the lie that forgiveness is a process that takes time. I need your strength to really cast the stones faaaaaaaaaar away. a men.
ReplyDelete